Resource Mobilization Officer
In June 2015, Volunteer Youth Corps (VYC) Inc signed a 3-year cooperate agreement with the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) for the project titled ‘Guyana Civil Society Leadership’ (GCSL). Among the main objectives of the project include: the provision of technical assistance to the National Coordinating Coalition to strengthen its network of civil society organizations for greater impact and sustainability of the national HIV response, increase Civil Society Organization’s capacity to advocate for critical issues and to strengthen partnerships with the Government of Guyana in order to promote an enabling environment for CSOs.
Main Duties and Responsibilities of the Resource Mobilization Project Officer
- Conduct a desktop research of successful fee for service implemented by Non- profit organizations;
- Prepare a Business plan for the National Coordinating Coalition that is relevant to the organization’s needs and growth potential. In addition, provide on-site technical guidance to NGOs interested in developing their own business plans;
- Organize the proposal preparation process for the NCC and ensure proposals are thoroughly review by external technical team before submission;
- Lead in establishing formal partnerships with the Government of Guyana and the Private sector on behalf of the National Coordinating Coalition;
- Facilitate capacity building sessions to upgrade the commercial skills of the NCC. ? Organized a Strategic planning review Retreat for the NCC;
- Provide ongoing support to the Coalition to implement its strategic and resource mobilization plans through the identification of new opportunities and lead in the gathering of financial resources;
- Communicate with potential donors on behalf of the Coalition and provide analysis for building strategic options;
- Review and analyze information and prepare reports/documents on activities related to funding partners and fundraising;
- Prepare reports to donors and customized reports for different audiences;
- Prepare policies and analytical briefs for GCSL unit on strategic partnerships and resource mobilization issues;
- Design and develop tools for consultations with the donor community, individually and collectively and manage partnership dialogue with major partners;
- Perform any other duties assigned under GCSL.
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Economics (Masters is preferred), Marketing, Business Management, International Relations or related development field;
- 5 or more years of relevant experience in preparing business plans and writing award winning proposals to local and International donors;
- Substantive knowledge of non-profits, community resource generation, HIV/AIDS and key populations;
- Proven track record in facilitating capacity building sessions with CSOs;
- Proven track record in engaging the Private sector and Government entities.
Among the skills required:
- A strong awareness of current issues in the field of development, and donor funding opportunities;
- Proven computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft software including MS Word processing; Powerpoint presentation, Excel spreadsheets, e-mail and web based research;
- Excellent networking and partnership building skills with experience in networking with local and international NGOs, CSOs, donors, Ministry-level partners, and other organizations.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
|Job Category||Project management|
|Job Id||Cooperate Award No. AID-538 –A-15-00001|
|Department||Program Management – USAID/Guyana Civil Society Leadership Project|
|Reporting Officer(s)||Program Manager and the Chief Executive Officer|
|Purpose||The Resource Mobilization Officer is responsible for resource generation for the National Coordinating Coalition and capacity strengthening for its NGO members.|
|Deadline||Wednesday, September 7, 2016|
Web ‹ Tanika Jones ›